Saturday, April 19, 2014

Sedum (NOID)

I took these pictures a while ago, best to get posting!

This Sedum, of which I don't know anything else as the tag was most unhelpful,  was purchased a few weeks ago, when I kept stumbling what is somewhat commonly referred to donkey tail.


While I am not sure if it is the same plant, I am convinced that it is at least from the same family. The leaves (?) are also quite fragile and it was obvious that most other identical plants in the store had lost a few of them during shipping. The other pots seemed to only have three plants in them, so I was quite happy when I found one with four!


Finding this one prompted me to read more on sedums and it appears I have a different kind of sedum growing in my garden. I never really knew what it was, I was given a cutting by my mother.


So far it seems happy where I've placed it in my home. I've finding it quite interesting to look at, especially given it's different texture from my other plants, so I hope it thrives.

2 comments:

  1. Not sure if it's a donkey tail, since I'm not familiar with succulents, but if it is you're gonna need a hanging planter! The one at my friends mom's house, which was a much lighter (almost white) green and was very fragile where leaves fell off at touch, was growing very long and hanging all over the place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I figured at least a tall pot will be required for some time. I've seen some placed around homes, not in hanging baskets, but clearly in places where there were not disturbed much.

    ReplyDelete